Sunday, January 19, 2014

12/22/13

How's your companion? My companion Elder M is... hilarious, quiet, crazy, a spazz, serious, spiritual... I don´t know he is just so many different things. He´s cool, and we like each other. So that´s the most important thing.

How do you like living with 3 missionaries? Living with 3 missionaries is a party. We only speak portuguese in house but we are teaching Elder M english.

Are you guys clean? no

You said you were opening the area does that mean it's a new ward or did they not have missionaries before? Generally when you get transferred your new companion is already in your new area. He already has investigators, and has everything figured out. For us, we had nothing. We went to the Area book, and we make contacts (yay). But we have 20 new investigators in the last 2 weeks, so it seems to be working. Also, our area is kinda dangerous

My area had a LOT of problems with missionaries in the past... So, that´s why we´re both new. The other 2 who were here got transferred.

Are you liking your ward? I really like the ward. Now I appreciate having a piano. In Arroio we had nothing and yeah... it was rough
i´m doing well and excited for Natal here in Brazil. It´s stinking hot here though. Elder M and I are progressing in our area, my portuguese is improving, and everyone is just super pumped for natal. Things are going well, and I cannot believe that its almost 2014. 2014 will be 1 year straight of missionary service, I´m excited. I hope everyone is doing well, and has a great Christmas. Don´t worry about me, I´ll just be down here
drinking chimarrão and eating churrasco on Christmas. The mission is always telling us to Think about what we´ll give to Christ for Christmas this year. I think the same applies with anyone. What will you give to Christ this next year?
Elder Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment